Saturday 9 July 2011

why I am starting this blog?

As you would already know about me I am an Engineer by education and profession, but unfortunately with a very little interest in it. For my livelihood I have to continue in this profession !
I am starting this blog because I want to share following:
From the last 5 years I am travelling a lot. I happened to visit / live in more than 5 countries. I am meeting people with different language, culture, ethnicity, religion and so on. Since I am interested in history when I meet these people I usually discuss with them about their culture, the history of their motherland, their society, their family structure, their foods, their festivals, their religion and so on and on.... It is really interesting to know that. I would like to share them in this blog.
I love history and geography, in particular the ancient and medieval history of India. India is our motherland which is inhabited by people from the time unknown. There are different versions about the history of India. I am more convinced that what the history we studied in school are mostly wrong facts or modified from British before 1947 and by so called intellectuals after the independence. We need to know the correct history. I would like to share some of the facts that I come across which I believe are the correct ones. If found wrong viewers can comment and correct me.
I love mythology in particular Hindu mythology. I think history and mythology are two faces of the same coin. I would like to discuss about them through this blog.
I love science in particular physics. Why physics in particular means without which I would't be writing this blog ! I know a very little about physics, , which, nevertheless I would like to know more.
I love music. Music is what feelings like sound. I attended violin classes for a good 6 months. You know what I could't hold it properly even after 6 months ! Finally I gave up. But I like to listen to almost all genre of music. I will use this blog to share some good music which I come across.
I love travelling and hiking (mostly during weekends). I do reasonably good number of tours, sometimes with group and many times alone. I will share my experiences of them in this blog.
I love reading books. Not particular to any genre. S.L.Byrappa and K.P.Poorna chandra Tejaswi are my favorite writers. I share views on the book I come across.
I love watching movies. I generally watch Kannada, Hindi and English movies. I share my reviews through this blog.
And what else? Oh yes, of-course about INDIA in Particular about KARNATAKA. My motherland, home to 1.2 billion people, largest democratic country in the world, country with very ancient civilization, one country with many different cultures, languages, religion, ethnicity etc..., 7th most corrupt country in the world (unfortunately). I like to share any interesting facts about India which I come across.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment